Do What Matters
"Do What Matters" is a book for people who hold themselves to a higher standard, those driven to help change the world.
Nicky Mih is a woman on a mission - to prevent children being trafficked into the commercial sex industry, a mission set for her by survivors themselves. As the founder and Managing Director of Free To Shine, Nicky leads a team who works with girls to secure their safety and achieve their rights to be free from slavery, access education, safe drinking water, enough food and adequate shelter.
Business leaders and their teams are increasingly becoming aware of their social responsibility to not only solve problems for their clients but to begin addressing how they might solve some of the world’s problems, and Do What Matters helps them do this. Leading a child protection organisation has taught Nicky Mih many lessons in ethical and effective leadership. Additionally, the girls and families Nicky works with have taught her what real strength is, how things become easier with perspective, how to be happy, and how important community is. In Do What Matters, Nicky shares these lessons, each of which can be applied by the reader in his or her own life and business.
Do What Matters is for:
- Ethical business leaders who are driven to make a difference while still making a profit;
- Those who want to play a meaningful role in global change;
- People who want to start charities, volunteer for them or donate to them.
In this book you will learn:
- Why it’s time to shift from apathy to action;
- How you can make a bigger difference than you think;
- What you need in order to leverage the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired.
At this stage, we are expecting Do What Matters to be released in December 2018.